Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jumping into the RSS stream

Thing Two: RSS, RSS Feedreaders

I had a little trouble subscribing to an RSS feed because IE was being "helpful" and intercepting my subscription before it could get to my Google Reader. Ended up using the cut and paste URL method to work around IE. I will have to see what happens when I'm using Firefox or when I'm working from another computer.

So far have subscribed to the 23 Things blog and comments. I check Mark A. Matienzo's ArchivesBlogs aggregator daily, but I don't think I want to add that type of volume to my reader just yet. However my brother has a blog he writes with his wife about their twin daughters (one is my goddaughter). They don't update that much these days (too busy dealing with the twins!) so I think I'll add it to my reader; that way I don't have to keep checking it only to see that it hasn't been updated.

I will hold off on adding more feeds until I get the hang of how to integrate it to my regular morning read.

1 comment:

  1. I had trouble w/ the "helpful" IE, too. Some subscriptions I had to cut and paste, but a couple worked just fine w/ the dropdown option. Apparently Microsoft's plan for World Dominination is flawed..... thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete