Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Motherless child

Thing Ten: Photo Sharing (Flickr, Photobucket, etc.)
Thing Eleven: Geotagging
Thing Twelve: Creative Commons

I was all ready to sign up for a Flickr account and instead got dumped into Yahoo, didn't realize Yahoo had acquired Flickr. When I tried to sign up for a Yahoo account I was refused until I got parental permission and to give permission, they have to have a Yahoo account. WTF, WTF WTF! In the past I've suggested my father join Flickr so he can share his photos without emailing us huge files. Wonder how he would get his parental permission, Nana died ten years before the web existed. Sure it is amusing to be occasionally carded at the store, but this is a little ridiculous. Assuming it's a glitch on the Yahoo end, maybe I'll come back later, but I'm trying to do all my catchup now. Well, at least I've poked around Flickr as a viewer many times before and I've participated in some image tagging projects elsewhere.

I would have liked to play with geotagging, but see problem with Flickr above. The cheesy music at the end of the Flickr Help Screencast video earned a snort.

No comments:

Post a Comment